Service Saturdays are local service projects held on the first Saturday of the month offering a great way for community members and students to create relationships while working to enhance Bozeman. They are coordinated and sponsored by MSU’s Office of Student Engagement. Projects will vary from month to month, so please check back for upcoming project details. *Please let us know at least two weeks ahead of time if you are bringing a group of people so that we can plan accordingly.* Interested in leading a project? Click this link to sign up!
Meet: Strand Union Building near the Ask Us Desk.
When: October 10th, November 7th, January 19th, February 6th, March 6th, April 3rd
Time: 10:00am – 12:00pm. Must RSVP beforehand. Check-In begins at 9:30am, plan to arrive around this time.
Transportation: Will be provided if the service site is not within walking distance of MSU.
What to bring/wear:
- Please wear comfortable clothing that can get dirty
- Wear close-toed shoes as some projects may be manual labor
- Bring water/snacks or other items you may need
- BYOM (Bring Your Own Mask)
Note: If you are under 18, you must have a parent or legal guardian sign our Liability Waiver before participating. Please contact us.
- United In Light, Draft Horse Sanctuary
- Mission: Acres of land created to retire all mature draft horse breeds that have been rescued from an untimely death. They are rehabilitated to their optimal health and allowed to live in a herd family with other draft horses throughout the rest of their lives. If they choose, they are able to heal their hearts with humans, as humans also make the choice to heal with these horses. United In Light, Inc. educates the public on the lives of draft horses and of the unique lifestyle that is lived here on this land.
- Project: Help us paint our new fences and spend time with the horses!
- Adopt A Sox:
- Mission: Recognize and thank MT military personnel who are deployed at Christmas.
- Project: Feeling creative? Help us make Holiday cards and letters that we will send to Montana troops stationed overseas.
- Habitat for Humanity of Gallatin Valley:
- Mission: Seeking to put God's love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
- Project: The ReStore sells new and used building materials, furniture and home goods. It financially supports Habitat and affordable housing programs. Volunteers are needed at the ReStore to help rotate inventory, organize the store and unload donation trucks.
- Gallatin Valley Food Bank:
- Mission: The Gallatin Valley Food Bank's mission is to improve food security in SW Montana.
- Project: Variety of outdoor garden projects and indoor projects repackaging bulk food items.
- Great Beginnings Montessori School:
- Mission: To be an exemplary and philanthropic Montessori community that educates children, encourages critical thinking, instills a joy for lifelong learning, and nurtures responsible and respectful citizens.
- Project: Yard work and painting
- Friends of Hyalite:
- Mission: Friends of Hyalite is a non-profit organization dedicated to stewardship of, access to, and support for year round recreation in Hyalite Canyon.
- Project: Restoration and clean up in Hyalite Canyon.
- Gallatin Valley Farm to School:
- Mission: Gallatin Valley Farm to School connects kids and families with local food in the garden, classroom, cafeteria and community.
- Project: Garden maintenance and some planting.
- Valley of the Flowers:
- Mission: To help create sustainable communities through innovative programs and education.
- Project: Make newspaper bags to raise funds and awareness about sustainability/plastic pollution/environmental stewardship.
- On Saturday, August 29th, your fellow Bobcats are going out in the Bozeman Community to lend a hand in the spirit of Convocation! Join in to get to know your peers and the Bozeman community through service. Hosted by the Office of Student Engagement, Service Saturdays are local service projects held to offer a great way for community members and students to create relationships while working to enhance Bozeman. Pre-registration will be required. Register HERE.
- Check-In will be located at the Bobcat Parking lot behind the Parking Garage.
- Check-In begins at 8:15am. Buses leave at 9:00am sharp!
- You will return to campus around 12:30pm, for some projects you will return at 1:30p
- The Office of Student Engagement will adhere to all state, county, and university regulations for our events. Our top priority is to keep everyone safe. Please BYOM (Bring Your Own Mask), masks will be required for check-in, transportation, and at most of the service sites. We will provide masks to those that need one. Please contact us with any questions regarding specifics on safety regulations. If you have any questions about this event or safety regulations that are in place, please contact email@example.com or 406-994-6872.
- Convocation Service Saturday Leader Form
If you are interested in hosting a group of Service Saturday volunteers on the dates listed below, please fill out a Service Saturday Project Proposal.